From the Elders of Fifth Ward Church of Christ
We, the Elders, have been closely watching the current situation in the country. We have reviewed the current CDC guidelines and have had prayerful discussions. At this time, we are excited to announce that Fifth Ward Church of Christ will return to in-person morning worship services with certain conditions on June 6th. We will continue the Livestreaming of our worship services as some are not able to meet together yet. To count this endeavor a success we will need your cooperation. We strive to keep all of our members and visitors safe. Please notice the following guidelines for Fifth Ward Church of Christ's in-person morning worship service:
- We will welcome members back in groups designated by the last name. We will rotate the groups each Sunday beginning June 6th at 9:00 am worship services. (The two groups will be A thru M and N thru Z). Visitors are always welcome.
- Masks are required while in the building for everyone's safety. We also have seating sectioned off for social distancing
- Ushers will be available to guide you while in the building.
- Communion - We will continue to use disposable pre-packaged elements for communion. You will be able to pick up a communion cup in the church foyer. Members may still pick up several packets for communion at home each Friday from 12 pm to 4 pm.
- Giving - We will have a box in the foyer to drop off your offering as you enter the building. However, we will continue to offer all methods of giving (online, mailing, etc)
- Attendance cards - We ask that every member scan their card as they enter the building. If you do not have an electronic attendance card, we will be able to register you and provide a new card on site.
- Confession - We do have new cards that will allow you to select items that you want the Elders to address (prayer, baptism, place membership, etc). We will also have an online version for prayer and other requests.
Bible class - Bible class will continue on Zoom at 11:15 am
Note: We will only meet in person for morning worship services. Evening devotional, bible classes, and other church events will be online only. We will continue to review and possibly make more changes.
If you are ill in ANY way with ANY condition, please stay at home.
If you are afraid, or uneasy about coming together, please do not receive our direction as mandatory. Use your best judgment.
Please check our website and social media outlets for the latest updates.
Our ultimate trust is in the Lord, and we KNOW that he will see us through whatever lies ahead.
Romans 12:10-13 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient[a] in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given[b] to hospitality.