Ministry of Health and Safety
The Ministry of Health and Safety is a vital cornerstone of our faith community, dedicated to promoting well-being and safeguarding the welfare of all who gather with us. Committed volunteers within this ministry take on various responsibilities to ensure a safe and nurturing environment.
Church Health and Safety: Nurturing Well-being, Ensuring Security
Here are some critical duties of the Ministry of Health and Safety:
- Health Promotion – Encouraging and facilitating programs promoting members’ physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Safety Oversight – Maintaining a secure environment within our premises, implementing safety protocols, and being vigilant during gatherings.
- Emergency Response – Coordinating emergency procedures and response teams to address unexpected situations effectively.
- Health Education – Offering educational resources and workshops on health-related topics to empower the congregation.
- First Aid – Providing support and assistance during events and services.
- Sanitization – Ensuring hygiene standards are met, particularly in shared spaces and frequently touched surfaces.
- Well-being Checks – Checking on the health and safety of fellow members, especially those who may be vulnerable or need support.
- Crisis Support – Extending care and comfort during crisis, loss, or hardship within the community.
- Background checks are required for all applicants age 18 and older;
- We ask anyone who has not completed their Fifth Ward Church of Christ membership, to make it a goal to complete it as part of your onboarding and training experience. You can learn more about becoming a member of Fifth Ward Church of Christ by clicking “Membership”.